Microsoft word - miralax_colonoscopy_prep
Colorectal Surgery Associates, P.C.
W. Edwin Conner MD Lina O’Brien MD Pierre Castera MD Ben Mizrahi, MD
Diplomate ABCRS and ABS
1004 Carondelet Dr. Suite 430, KC MO 64116
2700 Clay Edwards Dr, Suite 230, North Kansas City, MO 64116
Web address: www.colorectalsurgerykc.com
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MIRALAX COLONOSCOPY PREP
Patient Name: Date/Time of Procedure: Time of Arrival: Hospital: Doctor:
TWO WEEKS BEFORE COLONOSCOPY:
Stop herbal and weight loss pills.
ONE WEEK BEFORE COLONOSCOPY:
Purchase the following items from your pharmacy:
1) Magnesium Citrate, one bottle, over the counter
2) Dulcolax tablets 4 tablets, or similar store brand, over the counter
3) Fill the prescription for Miralax 255 grams.
ONE WEEK BEFORE COLONOSCOPY, STOP THE FOLLOWING MEDICATIONS:
3. Aspirin (YOU MAY TAKE TYLENOL)
4. Fish Oil
5. Vitamin E
PLEASE NOTE: IT IS THE PATIENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO NOTIFY THE
DOCTOR WHO PRESCRIBED THE ABOVE MEDICATIONS THAT YOU ARE
HAVING A COLONOSCOPY. IT IS NECESSARY TO STOP THESE MEDICINES
FOR 1 WEEK AS THEY HAVE BLOOD THINNING CAPABILITIES AND MAY
INTERFERE WITH CLOTTING. Please ask the prescribing doctor to call our office if
stopping the above medicine for 1 week isn’t advisable.
• PLEASE MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR SOMEONE TO DRIVE YOU HOME
AFTER THE COLONOSCOPY. (PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION OR WALKING IS
NOT ALLOWED). YOUR COLONOSCOPY WILL BE CANCELED IF YOU DO NOT
HAVE A DRIVER.
• PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE 816-941-0800 WITH SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
ABOUT YOUR MEDICATIONS.
• DIABETIC PATIENTS:
Please speak with your physician that treats your
diabetes regarding any possible change in the dosage of your insulin or oral
hypoglycemic agents on prep day and procedure day.
24 HOURS BEFORE COLONOSCOPY:
THE DAY BEFORE YOU WILL BE ON A CLEAR LIQUID DIET ONLY:
Clear liquids include: Strained fruit juices without pulp, water, clear broth or bouillon, black coffee or
tea (without milk or non-dairy creamer). Jell-O is OK without fruit in it. Avoid any red or purple
colored products in your diet that day, it may be eliminated in your intestine and affect the
• At 3:00pm DRINK ONE BOTTLE OF MAGNESIUM CITRATE.
• 30-45 minutes after drinking the Magnesium Citrate take 2 DULCOLAX
TABLETS with 8 ounces of water.
• ONE HOUR after taking the DULCOLAX, mix a 64 ounce bottle Gatorade (any
flavor except red or purple) with the entire bottle of the prescribed MIRALAX
255 grams (ignore the bottle directions on the Miralax). Drink this within a 2
• After drinking the MIRALAX/GATORADE mixture, take the last 2
• Take your regular medicines (omit diuretics as you will lose fluid with the bowel
prep. Also omit fiber and stool softener on prep day).
• Diabetics should follow directions of their diabetic doctor about dosage of insulin
or oral hypoglycemic agents on prep day.
DAY OF COLONOSCOPY:
• Patient may have clear liquids until Nothing by mouth after
• Patient may take heart, lung, blood pressure, or seizure medicine with sip of water
per regular routine prior to colonoscopy. NOTIFY THE NURSE IN THE GI LAB
WHAT MEDICATIONS YOU HAVE TAKEN TODAY.
• SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIABETICS
: Your insulin or oral hypoglycemic
dosage may need to be adjusted during your prep and on the day of procedure. Please call
your primary care physician and get instructions on changes in your regular routine.
• Report to hospital as instructed above.
AFTER THE COLONOSCOPY:
• Sedation is given during the colonoscopy. YOU CAN NOT
HOME. YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE YOU HOME.
• If the doctor took any biopsies or removed any polyps, please call our office in one
week for results (816-941-0800).
• Someone should stay with you at least 6 hours after discharge from the hospital.
• On the day of the colonoscopy you should not drive, use heavy machinery, or sign
• You may resume your normal activities the next day.
PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE WITH ANY QUESTIONS (816-941-0800)
PATENT, TRADEMARK & COPYRIGHT ! Reproduced with permission from BNA’s Patent,Trademark11/20/09, 11/20/2009. Copyright 2009 by The Bu-reau of National Affairs, Inc. (800-372-1033) http://www.bna.comAs the patent community anticipates a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court on subjectmatter patentability, recent rulings by the Federal Circuit and the Board of Patent Appealsand Inter
Fondsenoverzicht Stichting Pensioenfonds Openbaar Vervoer d.d. 31-12-2011 Fondsnaam 1ST QUANTUM MINLS 3M AB GL INDIA EQ Z2C ABB N ABBOTT LABORATORIES ABSA GROUP ACCENTURE ACE N ACER ACS ACTELION N ADECCO N ADIDAS N ADITYA BIRLA NUV DS ADMIRAL GROUP ADOBE SYSTEMS AECI AEGON AES AETNA AFFIN HOLDINGS AFGRI AFLAC AFRICAN BANK INV AFRICAN RAINB MINL AGEAS AGILE PROP HOLD AGILENT TECH AGL ENERGY AG