Medicamentsen-ligne vous propose les traitements dont vous avez besoin afin de prendre soin de votre santé sexuelle. Avec plus de 6 ans d'expérience et plus de 90.000 clients francophones, nous étions la première clinique fournissant du
acheter cialis original en France à vente en ligne et le premier vendeur en ligne de Kamagra dans le monde. Pourquoi prendre des risques si vous pouvez être sûr avec Medicamentsen-ligne - Le service auquel vous pouvez faire confiance.
Microsoft word - quit smoking - jeany kung.doc
The Ontario Tobacco Research Unit recently released data indicating that more than 80% of smokers aged 19 – 29 acknowledge the benefits of quitting. Are you thinking of quitting smoking? Do you know how?
choice! Quit because you
want to, and when you
to. Most people quitting for the first
time try to do it on their own – “cold turkey”. That works for some people, but there are many options
available. If one way doesn’t work, don’t give up. Try another one, or even a combination of strategies
Remember to not lose confidence if relapse occurs. This could be an opportunity to review what worked
and what did not work to build a more effective quit plan. Good luck!
Tips to Quitting
1. Set a quit date
, and mark it on your calendar. Give some thought to where you will be and what
you will be doing at that time. It may be more difficult to quit in the midst of final exams or any other stressful situation. Quitting as a New Year’s resolution or the beginning of the summer break can make a good, fresh start.
Think about and write down your reasons
for smoking and for quitting (self-image, finances,
health, social life…), make a commitment
to quit and develop your plan.
Identify triggers that cause the desire to smoke, and find ways to avoid those trigger situations and
Ask friends and family for support.
Get peer support and free carbon monoxide (CO) testing on campus from Leave the Pack Behind
Register for a quit-smoking contest or research study to stay committed (www.ontario.ca/smokefree)
Ways to Quit
Pick one method or combine a few with quitting cold turkey. The chances of quitting successfully double when an aid is used in conjunction with quitting cold turkey.
Brief Description of Method
• Non-cancerous aids to help wean off the addiction to nicotine especially during
• Can come in the form of an adhesive patch, chewing gum, lozenge, or inhaler
• Antidepressant medicine in pill-form to control nicotine cravings in the brain
• Pill-form, targets nicotine receptors in the brain to reduce cravings
• “Quit” and “Smoke” booklets are written in a student-friendly manner
• Visiting LTPB office hours or display tables provide peer support and free
resources LTPB office is in MUSC B106
• LTPB offers free CO testing to monitor progress.
• Talking to a nurse, physician, or pharmacist will provide information that is
• Health professionals can teach more about medications or which dosage of
• Checking in with a doctor to track progress can be motivating
• Hypnotherapy, acupuncture, lasers, and herbals may be popular but have never
What to Expect When Quitting
With low levels or no nicotine in the blood, you can expect to experience emotional (irritability, anger, tension, depression…) and physical (sleeping problems, headaches, cough, hunger…) withdrawal. Your body will adjust and eventually nicotine withdrawal symptoms will disappear. Most symptoms last 7 to 10 days and can be managed. For free personalized advice and counselling, try www.smokershelpline.ca
Do not be discouraged by the short-term nicotine withdrawal symptoms. The long-term health benefits of being smoke-free will be worth the effort.
Health Benefits include:
• Within 8 hours of quitting, carbon monoxide levels drop and oxygen levels rise in the blood • Within 2 – 3 weeks, the lungs are stronger and breathing is easier • After 1 – 9 months, coughing, congestion, tiredness, and shortness of breath improves • After 1 year, the risk of a heart attack is cut in half • Quitting before the age of 35 can result in a life expectancy comparable to someone who never
• After quitting smoking for 10 – 15 years, the risk of cancer is equivalent to the level of someone
Combat Those Cravings!
Cravings don’t last forever – in fact they only last a few minutes – so hang in there. Using healthy
distractions can make quitting easier.
Fidgety fingers that need to hold something?
Play with an elastic band that doubles as “promise-to-quit” bracelet Hold a straw - you can chew on it too
Try chewing gum, eat celery, apples, or carrot sticks, have a breath mint or lozenge
Light an aromatherapy candle instead and do some deep breathing or a self reflection
Alter Your Environment!
Still living in an environment where ashtrays, lighters, and cigarettes are available?
Create a smoke-free environment and put a smoke-free housing sticker in visible areas Throw out all ashtrays, lighters, and cigarettes Open up windows and use air fresheners to eliminate tobacco odour
Find new outlets of entertainment where smoking is not prevalent like bowling or hiking Find a new hobby or get involved with volunteering or a student club at school
Fear of gaining weight as food tastes better and appetite is no longer suppressed post-quitting?
Incorporate more exercise as simple as walking and climbing the stairs Eat many small healthy meals or snacks during the day opposed to the 3 big meals to keep the
Drink lots of water to feel full and stay hydrated
Get up and brush your teeth Eat fresh fruit for dessert Skip the coffee, and take a mini walk
ARE YOU READY?
Geht an - Kaderläufer Eiskunstlaufen - Kaderläufer Eistanzen - Kaderteams Synchronized Skating - Kaderläufer Eisschnelllaufen - Kaderläufer Short Track D o p i n g Liebe Eisläuferinnen und Eisläufer Obwohl erfreulicherweise erneut keine Dopingvergehen zu verzeichnen waren, erinnere ichEuch hiermit wieder einmal an die wichtigsten Regeln und bitte Euch um Kenntnisnahme derna
CAMP BEAUSITE NORTHWEST ADULT - Medication and Medical Care Requirements and Authorizations Page 1 of 2 Dear Parent/Guardian/Camper, Please read the list below and follow the directions carefully: There are three pages included in this document that MUST be signed by the legal guardian and/or the health care provider in order for our nursing staff to administer m