Microsoft word - damminxttfactsheet.doc
DAMMINIX TICK TUBES FACT SHEET
for Control of Lyme Disease Carrying Ticks
• DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes are an effective, safe, and environmentally sound product
designed specifically for the control of Lyme disease carrying ticks.
• DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes were developed at a leading Lyme disease research laboratory at
the Harvard School of Public Health.
• DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes are based on the scientific study of ecology of the deer tick and
the field mouse, the respective vector and the reservoir of the disease.
• DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes enlist the aid of the common field mouse by providing them with
pesticide-treated nesting material, cotton balls, in biodegradable cardboard tubes which are
placed out in brush and flower beds (not on lawns because mice do not make their burrows on
lawns). The mice find the tubes and collect the cotton for their nests. The pesticide on the
cotton gets on the fur of the mouse, and is brought into the burrow. The mouse is transformed
into a very efficient tick killer.
• DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes work. Tests have proven that the risk of encountering infected
ticks on treated property can be reduced up to 97% by the use of Damminix. Please see test
data included in the kit.
• DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes use the pesticide, permethrin, which does not hurt mice, other
mammals or birds, and is so mild that it has been approved by the Food and Drug
Administration for use in a head louse shampoo for children. Permethrin is a synthetic form
of the naturally occurring pesticide, pyrethrum, an extract from flower heads of the
chrysanthemum. Permethrin is highly neuro-toxic to ticks.
• DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes are not a spray but rather an environmentally responsible
treatment that effectively gets to the root of the problem without harming other life forms and
vegetation. The cardboard tubes are biodegradable and do not need to be inspected, picked
up, or discarded. They will eventually rot harmlessly and disappear, but not before they have
killed hundreds of Lyme disease carrying ticks.
• For the average homeowner, DAMMINIX Tick Tubes cost less than $50 per application.
DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes are also sold at a special price for public agencies and non-profit
groups treating land to which the public has access. DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes are available
in three sizes: 6 tubes for 1/4 acre lot with average vegetation; 24 tubes for a 1/2 acre lot with
average vegetation; and 96 tubes 2 acres. Bulk sizes are available to professional applicators
and the like.
• DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes need to be applied twice a year, in spring and in mid-summer (as
late as mid-September) to coincide with the two appearances each year of the ticks.
• DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes are registered by the EPA, No. 56783-1, and in 14 states.
• DAMMINIX® Tick Tubes are manufactured in the United States by EcoHealth, Inc., a
•DAMMINIX is available at hardware stores and garden centers, and from professional
•DAMMINIX received U.S. Patent No. 4,662, 104 in May 1987.
Imatinib blood level testing Imatinib (Gleevec®/Glivec®, formerly STI571) has sparked aCML is a clonal myeloproliferative disease characterized by therevolution in cancer therapy by dramatically improving treatmentpresence of the Philadelphia chromosome.1 This karyotypicfor Philadelphia chromosome–positive chronic myeloid leukemiaabnormality results from the reciprocal translocation
SUBMISSION ON PROPOSED RECLASSIFICATION OF KAVA AS A PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE – MEDICINES CLASSIFICATION COMMITTEE, June 2005 Contact person: Phil Rasmussen P.O. Box 83068, Te Atatu South, Auckland Phone: 09 828 0040 Fax: 09 828 0039 Email: email@example.com SUBMISSION TO THE MEDICINES CLASSIFICATION COMMITTEE, CONCERNING PROPOSAL TO HARMONISE THE CLASSIFICATION OF KA