Katie MacFarlane, Pharm.D. SUMMARY
Proven professional with 18 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, including product development, marketing, sales management, and clinical research. Key capabilities include product launches, co-promotion, strategic product development, and product lifecycle planning.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Managing Partner, SmartPharma Consultants: October 2007-Present
• Provide marketing services to pharmaceutical companies, including market analysis, launch preparation,
key opinion leader development, promotional material development, and sales force alignment.
President and Chief Executive Officer, Xintria Pharmaceutical Corp: June 2006-Present
• Leading a start-up company in the development of berberine for treatment of dyslipidemia and Type II
• Active in securing funding from investors, venture capitalists, and investment banks. • Direct activities of consultants, vendors, and advisors to plan and complete Preclinical, Phase I, and
Vice President, Women’s Healthcare and Product Planning, Warner Chilcott, Inc.: 2001-2006
• Managed sales and marketing team for all Women’s Health Care products.
• Managed Product Planning team to assure products move through the development pipeline to approval
• Launched new products, including Femring®, Loestrin 24®, and Femtrace®.
• Managed Women’s Healthcare sales team (220 representatives and 24 managers) in the promotion of
oral contraceptives and hormone therapy.
• Participated in due diligence and deal negotiations for purchase of Sarafem® from Lilly, femhrt®,
Estrostep®, and Loestrin® from Pfizer, and co-promotion of Dovonex® with Bristol-Myers Squibb.
• Member of new products committee, active in decision-making regarding priority of and funding for
Regional Manager of Sales, Northeast Region, Parke-Davis division of Warner-Lambert and Pfizer, Inc.: 1999- 2000
• Responsible for 10 district managers and 100 sales representatives in the Northeastern U.S.
• Managed Primary Care, CNS specialty, and hospital sales forces in the promotion of Lipitor®, Rezulin®,
Accupril®, Neurontin®, Celexa®, and femhrt®.
Senior Director of Marketing, CNS, Parke-Davis division of Warner-Lambert and Pfizer, Inc.: 1998-1999
• Directed Parke-Davis in launch and co-promotion of Celexa® with Forest Laboratories. Celexa sales
reached $350MM in first year, one of the top 10 launches in the pharmaceutical industry.
Director of Marketing, Lipitor®, Parke-Davis division of Warner-Lambert and Pfizer, Inc.: 1995-1998
• Responsible for development of product positioning, launch campaign, and launch marketing strategies,
achieving over $1 billion in sales in 12 months.
Katie MacFarlane, Pharm.D.
• Managed team in conduct of all Lipitor® marketing activities, including medical education, managed
• Responsible for pre-launch marketing: developed national thought leaders; developed 10-year lifecycle
plan; reviewed and edited proposed package insert; developed campaign for consumers and physicians to increase awareness of need for better cholesterol reduction.
• Participated in evaluation and selection of Pfizer as co-promotion partner, development of contract
terms for sales hurdles and A&P expenditures, and joint operating committee.
• Responsible for developing long-term strategic plan for Lipitor, including market analysis of potential
new indications and planning for landmark clinical trials.
• U.S. Marketing representative to development team for avasimibe, antiatherosclerotic in Phase I/II
Product Manager, Accupril®, Parke-Davis division of Warner-Lambert and Pfizer, Inc.: 1994-1995
• Responsible for Accupril marketing in hypertension and heart failure. • Analyzed licensing and patent extension opportunities.
Clinical Scientist, Medical Research, Parke-Davis division of Warner-Lambert and Pfizer, Inc.: 1991-1994
• Developed Phase IIIb and IV clinical trials to support marketing of Lopid® and Accupril®.
• Conducted advisory panels; developed study protocols; managed contract research organizations; wrote
study reports; provided data to marketing team to support promotional efforts; assisted in sales training at product launches.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Hoffmann-LaRoche, Inc. and Rutgers University: 1989-1991
• Completed 2-year postdoctoral fellowship in Industrial Clinical Pharmacy.
• Developed and conducted clinical trials for Xenical® (Phase I/II) and Librax® (Phase IIIb).
• Supported the sales force by providing drug information and sales training.
• Delivered lectures and seminars as adjunct faculty, School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University.Clinical Pharmacist, Wishard Memorial Hospital, Indianapolis: 1988–1989 Retail Pharmacist (part-time), Grand Union, Belleville: 1989–1991 Pharmacy intern, University Hospitals of Cleveland: Summers 1986, 1987 EDUCATION Doctor of Pharmacy, Purdue University, 1987-1989 B.S. Pharmacy, Purdue University 1983-1988 PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS Purdue School of Pharmacy Dean’s Industrial Advisory Council Healthcare Marketing Council – Faculty for Product Manager Development Program Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association
Mittagundi Asthma Form Participant’s Name: _______________________________ Date: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/GUARDIAN Asthma is a potentially serious condition. Both you and your child should have a good understanding of the severity of the Asthma suffered and know how the necessary management practices for Monitoring, Prevention and Relief of Asthma. This is best established b
Directiva bases de datos - Articulado CAPÍTULO I - ÁMBITO DE APLICACIÓN Artículo 1 - Ámbito de aplicación 1. La presente Directiva se refiere a la protección jurídica de las bases de datos, sean cuales fueren sus formas. 2. A efectos de la presente Directiva, tendrán la consideración de "base de datos" las recopilaciones de obras, de datos o de otros elementos indepe