Miralax + Gatorade Prep for Colonoscopy You must arrange for a ride for the day of your exam.
If you fail
to arrange transportation with a responsible adult, your procedure will
If you take a medication to thin your blood
and have not already
discussed this with our office, please call us at 262-544-8622 prior to
If you have diabetes,
ask your regular doctor for diet and medication
If you are or may be pregnant,
please discuss the risks and benefits
If you must cancel or reschedule your appointment,
please cal 262-544-8622 as soon
Before your exam:
www.mygispecs.com to watch educational videos and learn more about your
Purchase the following over-the-counter supplies
at your local pharmacy:
• 4 tablets bisacodyl,
each containing 5 mg of bisacodyl (Dulcolax® laxative NOT
• 2 - 8.3 oz. bottle Miralax
• 128 oz. Gatorade® liquid
(NOT red; NOT powdered). Regular Gatorade® or Powerade®
7 days before your exam:
Discontinue fiber supplements or medications containing iron.
multivitamins with iron, Metamucil® and Fibercon®.
3 days before your exam:
Stop eating all high-fiber foods and begin a low-fiber diet:
2 days before your exam:
• Drink at least 8 glasses of water during the day.
1 day before your exam:
You may have a light breakfast today by 9am. From this point on you may only have clear*
liquids (no solid food or dairy products)
• At 2pm take 4 bisacodyl (Dulcolax) tablets with an 8 oz glass of water
• Beginning at 4pm, mix one cap full (to the white line) of Miralax into 8 oz of
Gatorade/Sports Drink (Gatorade/Sports Drink is preferred by your doctor
), or with
any clear* liquid from the list, until the powder is dissolved and drink. You are to
repeat this process every 20-30 minutes until you have consumed the first bottle of
Miralax. If you are getting tired of the Gatorade, try a cup of chicken/beef broth or
The day of your exam:
You may take all of your morning medications with a small sip of water unless directed
• Beginning 4 hours hours before your arrival time mix two cap fulls (to the white line)
of the second bottle of Miralax into 8 oz of Gatorade/Sports Drink, or with any other
clear liquid from the list. For example, if your arrival time is 9am, you must begin
drinking at 5am. Mix until the powder is dissolved and drink. You are to repeat this
process every 20 minutes until you have consumed 4-8oz servings of the Miralax
• It is important that you completely finish the prescribed amount. If you become
nauseated, drink slower, but finish the prescribed amount.
• After this you may have nothing else by mouth.
You are ready for the exam,
if you followed all instructions and your stool is no longer
formed, but clear or yellow liquid (like urine or tea). If you are unsure whether your colon is
clean, please cal the center where your procedure is being performed before you leave for
Please bring a list of al your current medications, including any allergy or over-the-counter
medications. Please also bring a photo ID as well as up-to-date insurance information, such
as your insurance card and any referral forms that might be require by your payer.
*Clear Liquid List:
Please do not drink anything colored with a red or purple dye!!
• Coffee, tea or Iced tea (no milk or non-dairy creamer)
• Clear broth or bouillon (regular or low sodium)
• Gatorade or Powerade
• Carbonated and non-carbonated soft drinks
• Kool-Aid or other fruit-flavored drinks
• Strained fruit juices (no pulp), lemonade (no pulp) or cranberry juice
• Jell-O, popsicles, hard candy
Colon Cleansing Tips
• Chil the Miralax®/Gatorade® solution in the refrigerator. DO NOT add ice to the solution
• Set a timer every 15 minutes. Drink each 8 - oz. glass of solution quickly to help flush
• Stay near a toilet! You wil have diarrhea.
• Drink all of the solution until it is gone.
• If you feel nauseous or vomit, rinse your mouth with water, take a 15 to 30-minute break
and then continue drinking the Miralax®/Gatorade® solution.
• You will be uncomfortable until the stool has flushed from your colon (in about 2 to 4
• Alcohol-free baby wipes or Vaseline® may help ease skin irritation.
• Use over-the-counter hemorrhoid creams or pads if needed
Support in Business and Organization Management for the design and application of Business Plans and of the improvement of the quality of Support in Business and Organization Management for the change management and the improvement of the operation efficiency, by applying relative Methods, Tools and Techniques. Business Consultant (Indicative Customers for various Project categories). Stra
1. Your name and contact information: John Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, 212-555-1212 2. Name of the candidate: Morgan E. Cline 3. Organization with which they were last affiliated: Cline, Davis & Mann 4. General Overview: Morgan E. Cline is one of the great account people of this industry. In many ways, he wrote the book on healthcare client service. A pharmacist. A strategist. An i