2006 Small Business Day Tuesday, March 28, 2006 Co-Sponsored by Empire State Plaza The Business Council of New York State, Inc. Chamber Alliance of New York State Convention Center Albany, New York National Federation of Independent Business PRELIMINARY AGENDA 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Registration, Continental Breakfast 11:30 - 12:30 p.m. Panel Discussion “Small Business & Visit the Exhibits Matters” 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Welcoming Remarks Panelists will include Small Business owners and advocates discussing estate
• Daniel B. Walsh, President/ CEO tax, health insurance and energy costs. The Business Council of NYS, Inc.
• Peter Aust, Chair 12:45 - 2:00 p.m. Luncheon Chamber Alliance of New York StateKeynote Address
• Mark Alesse, State Director
• Honorable George E. Pataki * National Federation of Independent Award Presentations 10:00 - 11:15 a.m. Small Business and The Race for
• Small Business Advocate Governor of the Year Award Speakers: 2:00 p.m. Lobbying Visits at the Capitol and
• Honorable Eliot Spitzer * Legislative Building
• Honorable William Weld * Agenda updates available at www.bcnys.org 11:15 - 11:30 a.m. Refreshment Break & Visit the Exhibits ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS DAY Small Business Day is entirely devoted to the small business community in New York State. It is the venue to let our elected officials and policy makers know what is on the mind of the small business owner.
Keeping insurance costs affordable and accessible has been identified as a critical issue in New York State. You will be given the forum to advance issues, interact with other small business owners, legislative and policy leaders, and learn about what various state agencies are doing for the small businesses in New York.
There will also be our Award Presentation of Small Business Advocate of the Year and Lobbying Visits at the State Capitol and Legislative Office Building.
Remember that this day depends on your commitment to making the voice of small businesses in New York heard. State leaders, year after year, recognize this day to be the preeminent small business event of the year. They want to hear from you about how they can help your small business remain competitive and grow.
Let your voice be heard! Join us on March 28, 2006 for Small Business Day.
This truly is an event that you cannot afford to miss.
Supported by Local Chambers of Commerce and Associations 2006 Small Business Day Tuesday, March 28, 2006 Empire State Plaza Convention Center, Albany, New York REGISTRATION PLATINUM SPONSOR BY PHONE/FAX For credit card registration only: Mail this form and payment to: 2006 Small Business Day GOLD SPONSORS Please complete all of the information below Please make copies for additional registrants
The Business Council of NYS, Inc. Insurance Fund
The Business Council Workers’ Compensation Trust
Capital District Physicians’ Health Plan
• My company is a Business Council Member:
• Number of Employees: _____________ • Priority Code: WEB
Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
General Builders Contractors of New York State, Inc.
• I require disabled or special services/meals:
(If yes, please specify) ________________________________
New York State Industries for the Disabled, Inc.
Registration Fees: Before
Payment MUST accompany registration form.
Directions / Parking / Registration Method of Payment: ‘ Check enclosed (payable to The Business Council)
• From the South and West: Exit 23 off NYS Thruway to
I-787 North, to Exit 3, Empire State Plaza. Follow signs
• From the North: I-87 South, to I-90 East, to I-787 South
______________________________________________________ Name on Card
to Exit 3A, Empire State Plaza. Follow signs to the V Parking Area.
To Cancel: Cancellations will be accepted until Tuesday, March 21,
• Parking is available at the rate of $8/day. Take the ele-
2006, subject to a $10 processing fee. No refunds will be given after
vators to the Concourse Level, and follow signs for Con-
vention Center. Be sure to have a picture ID available for identification. Note: Legislative visits can be scheduled for the afternoon through your local Chamber.
• Expect delays and capacity parking. Please select one of the following:
• If your chamber/association is traveling to Albany by bus,
‘ I will contact my local chamber to schedule my legislative visit.
passengers can be dropped off at the Madison Avenue
‘ I will need assistance in setting up my visits. Please contact me.
entrance. Buses can park in the NYS Museum Parking lot, or in Lincoln Park at no charge.
• Registration will be located directly outside the Conven- The Business Council of NYS, Inc.
tion Center. There will be security checkpoints at the en-
Be sure to visit our website at www.bcnys.org for updated program information.
Feline Inflammatory Bowel Disease Gastrointestinal disorders are among the most common problems encountered in feline medicine. Most vomiting and diarrhea episodes occur suddenly and resolve quickly. The causes are usually benign, such as eating an unfamiliar food. However, some patients may have vomiting and/or diarrhea over a period of weeks to months. In the diagnosis of these chronic