Microsoft word - chemistry_ms.doc
CURRICULUM VITAE OF DR. M. SEENIVASA PERUMAL
Gandhigram Rural Institute Gandhigram, Dindigul
Date of Birth
: 03-04-1975 Marital Status
: Married Nationality
Ph. D. – Synthetic Organic Chemistry
, University of Hyderabad (Central University),
– Chemistry, I class, University of Hyderabad (Central University), Hyderabad,
– Chemistry, I class, Gandhigram Rural University, Gandhigram, Tamil Nadu,
Synthetic Organic Chemist
with 5 years of experience in academic and industry
(2008-present), Saiadvantium Pharma Limited, Hyderabad. India.
Post Doctoral Associate
(2006 – 2008), Stockholm University, Sweden
Research Supervisor: Prof. Kalman J. Szabo
Handled the project from AstraZeneca, Sweden
Asymmetric Synthesis of Various Heterocyclic Chiral Sulfoxides including Esomeprazole (Naxium®) using Modified Sharpless Catalyst
Mechanistic Studies of Esomepyrazole in Asymmetric Sulfoxidation Process
Employed Heterocyclic Chiral Sulfoxides as chiral Lewis base in Asymmetric allylation reactions
Synthesis of Palladium Pincer Catalysts containing Sulfide Functionality
(2005-2006), Helvetica Industries (PVT) Ltd, Hyderabad.
(1999 – 2004), University of Hyderabad, Central University P. O
Research Guide / Supervisor
: Prof. M. Periasamy
Title of the thesis: “Studies on the Synthesis of Chiral Amine Derivatives, 2,5-Diarylpyrroles and
Catalytic Asymmetric Silylcyanation of Aldehydes Using Chiral
β-amino alcohol/Ti(O-i-Pr)4 Reagent
Synthesis of 1,2-diamines via opening of meso aziridinium ion prepared in situ using 1,2-amino alcohol
Resolution of trans
-(±)-1,2-diamine using dibenzoyl-L-tartaric acid
Purification of non-racemic trans
-(±)-1,2-diamine using fumaric acid
Synthesis of new chiral amino ethers derivatives via opening of meso aziridinium ion intermediate prepared in situ
using 1,2-amino alcohol
Asymmetric silylcyanation of aromatic aldehydes using chiral β-amino alcohols/Ti(O-i-Pr)4 reagent system
Determination of enantiomeric excess of cyanohydrin derivatives via the ester derivative of achiral acid using HPLC and 1H-NMR analysis
Synthesis of (2S,5S)
-2,5-diphenylpyrrolidine derivatives towards the application in asymmetric organic synthesis
Synthesis of 2,5-diphenylpyrrole derivatives towards the synthesis of polypyrroles
M.Sc. Project Work
(1999), University of Hyderabad, Central University P. O
Dissertation Research Guide: Prof. Ashwini Nangia A
Title of the thesis: “Synthesis and crystal structure studies of 3,4-dihydro-3-[p-methylphenyl]-1,3.2H-
B.Sc. Project Work
(1997), Gandhigram Rural Institute, Gandhigram, Dindigul Dt, Tamilnadu, INDIA
Dissertation Guide: Dr. M. G. Sethuraman A
Title of the thesis: “Principles and practice of High Performance Liquid Chromatography”
HELVETICA INDUSTRIES (PVT) LTD
, HYDERABAD, INDIA
I have synthesized carbohydrate based small molecules.
SAI Advantium Pharma Ltd
Purification / chromatography techniques, NMR, IR, Mass, HPLC and GC instruments
SciFinder, Beilstein, reaxys and hard copy literature sources
Windows, MS office and Chemistry drawing softwares
SCHOLARSHIPS / AWARDS
Senior Research Fellowship
awarded by CSIR, New Delhi.
Junior Research Fellowship
awarded by CSIR, New Delhi.
Qualified in GATE 1999
examination at national level.
Obtained gold medal In Msc for securing 1st rank among the SC/ST students.
PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
1. Resolution of C2-symmetric 2,3-diphenylbutane-1,4-diol and purification of diastereomeric 1,4-
diphenylbutane-1,4-diol using (S)-proline and boric acid, M. Periasamy, V. D. Rao, M.
Seenivasaperumal Tetrahedron: Asymmetry 2001
2. Convenient Procedures for the Asymmetric Reduction of 1,4-Diphenylbutane-1,4-dione and Synthesis of
2,5-diphenylpyrrolidine Derivatives, M. Periasamy, M. Seenivasaperumal,
V. D. Rao Synthesis 2003
3. Synthesis of 2,3,4,5-tetrasubstituted pyrroles from aromatic ketoximes using the TiCl4/Et3N reagent
system, M. Periasamy, G. Srinivas, M. Seenivasaperumal J. Chem. Res
. (S) 2004
4. Synthesis of trans
-1,2-diamines via sequential opening of cyclohexene oxide and aziridinium ions, M.
Periasamy, M. Seenivasaperumal,
M. Padmaja, V. D. Rao ARKIVOC 2004
5. Synthesis of chiral amino ether derivatives: Synthetic applications of aziridinium ions, M. Periasamy, M.
, V. D. Rao Tetrahedron: Asymmetry 2004
6. Boraxanes: Preparation and Applications, M. Periasamy, M. Seenivasaperumal,
S. Sivakumar Science
, Houben-Weyl Methods of Molecular Transformations, Georg Thieme Verlag, Stuttgart, Volume 6
7. Factors influencing the selectivity in asymmetric oxidation of sulfides attached to nitrogen containing
heterocycles, M. Seenivasaperumal,
H-J. Federsel, A. Ertan, K. J. Szabo Chem. Commun, 2007
8. Mechanism of the asymmetric sulfoxidation in the esomepyrazole process: Effects of the imidazole
back bone for the enantioselection. M. Seenivasaperumal
, H-J. Federsel, K. J. Szabo Adv. Synth.
Catal. Commun, 2009
9. Catalytic Asymmetric silylcyanation of aromatic aldehydes using chiral β-amino alcohols/Ti(O-i-Pr)4
reagent system, M. Periasamy, M. Seenivasaperumal
(manuscript under preparation)
10. Synthesis of 2,5-diarypyrroles M. Periasamy, M. Seenivasaperumal
, G. P. M. Gopal (manuscript under
11. Synthesis and Resolution of trans (±)-1,2-diamines using dicarboxylic acids and binol-borate complex M.
Periasamy, G. P. M. Gopal, M. Seenivasaperumal
, (manuscript under preparation).
SEMINARS / CONFERENCES
1. Participated in the “First International Symposium on Academia and Industry Propelling Chemistry into
the New Millennium” organized by A. V. Rama Rao Research Foundation, Hyderabad, April 2-4, 2000.
2. Synthesis of Chiral C2
,(3R,4R) and (3S,4S)
-diphenyl pyrrolidines, M.
V. D. Rao, M. Periasamy poster presented in the “Indo-US Conference
” held at IIT
Madras, chennai, December 10-12, 2003.
3. Synthesis and Applications of Chiral amines and Amino alcohols M. Seenivasaperumal
, M. Periasamy
paper presented in the “Chemfest 2004
” in house symposium held at University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, March 12, 2004.
4. Selectivity in asymmetric sulfoxidation of nitrogen containing heterocycles. M. Seenivasaperumal,
Federsel, A. Ertan, K. J. Szabo paper presented in the 233rd ACS national meeting and exposition,
Chicago, IL, USA, March 25-29, 2007.
5. Participated in the “Medchem congress” organized by RSC, NIPER and IICT Hyderabad, February 25-
Int. J. Radiation Oncology Biol. Phys., Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 221–230, 2000Copyright © 2000 Elsevier Science Inc. PII S0360-3016(99)00351-X THE AMERICAN BRACHYTHERAPY SOCIETY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PERMANENT PROSTATE BRACHYTHERAPY POSTIMPLANT DOSIMETRIC ANALYSIS SUBIR NAG, M.D.,*† WILLIAM BICE, PH.D.,*‡ KEITH DEWYNGAERT, PH.D.,*§BRADLEY PRESTIDGE, M.D.,* RICHARD STOCK, M.D.,
How Does LYRICA Help? LYRICA works by attaching to a part of the over-firing nerve cells. This is thought to help to reduce the pain signals that cause the symptoms of diabetic nerve pain. It can also be used “off label: that is for similar types of pain problems that the FDA has not examined or approved it for. In any case, this may reduce the nerve pain that can prevent the enjoyment of